Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My life as a genealogist

Ok so, people ask how I got into genealogy so I figured I would set up a blog to let people into my corner of the genealogy world.

In 1997 I was in a great history teachers class and was assigned a 5 generation family tree to do. No problem I remember thinking as I stayed with my great grandmother a lot then. Went home knocked that homework assignment out of the park in a few minutes. But I was intrigued by things that my great grandmother had said so on we went with the tree. Ended up turning in a 10+ generation tree with pictures, stories etc.

Now we are in 2010 and I am still plugging away at it. It gives me an escape from the outside world. Yes, there is a lot of head banging on brick walls. But for some reason it is calming to me.

As I get back into the swing of things I hope to get an ancestor's story a week here on my blog as well as great breakthroughs that happen. Also I want to let anyone reading this blog into any great sites that I find. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment